Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas & other packaging, part 2

As a follow-up to my post about plastic packaging, let's go back a bit to this past summer: I tried using a few remnants I'd saved to make little "windows" for some bottle caps . It took a little trial and error, but it turns out that the secret to getting plastic pieces to sit within the caps, no glue needed, is to cut imperfect circles. That much, I can do!

Before closing the cap up, I added some doodads (beads and punched paper shapes), and here were a couple of results:

zipper pulls
and magnets

Check out the wavy plastic on that magnet -- it stays in there surprisingly well. Once you start looking at this stuff with projects in mind, you'll find loads of useful material. Whether you've got an idea, work in progress, or finished item, please be sure to share it with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment